The Safe Center LI Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Job openings at The Safe Center are posted below with qualifications and application instructions as they become available.
NYS LCSW or equivalent; experience providing crisis intervention, counseling, and advocacy related to human trafficking and/or domestic violence. Candidates must be able to make appropriate independent judgments and exercise initiative in performance of duties.
The Director of Human Trafficking reports to the Executive Director and is responsible for the overall function and coordination of the Human Trafficking & Safe Harbor programs, including providing services to individuals referred to the Human Trafficking Intervention Court. The Director of Human Trafficking will work collaboratively with multidisciplinary partners to accomplish program goals and objectives and will function as a member of District Court Human Trafficking Part team. The Director works closely with the Executive Director and other members of the management team. This position requires the use of a car and applicants must be able to accommodate a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends. In addition, The Director of Human Trafficking must be able to utilize the following equipment: computer, telephone, fax machine, copy machine and security system.
- Clinically and administratively Supervise and evaluate all staff and interns, including hiring and termination;
- Develop, implement and maintain program goals;
- Provide direct services to clients, including intakes, group counseling, individual counseling and advocacy;
- Manage referrals and prepare client services paperwork for Court;
- Grant and program report writing;
- Track and document program statistics and outcomes;
- Work directly with District Attorney Bureau Chief, Assistant District Attorneys, and other District Court Human Trafficking Part personnel re: coordination and implementation of the program;
- Coordinate inter-and intra-agency functioning of program;
- Facilitate Nassau County Anti-Human Trafficking Task Force;
- Develop and maintain linkages with governmental and community resources and other relevant systems;
- And other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Email Cover Letter and Resume to Debora Centeno at email@example.com.
No phone calls please.
- BSW, BA in psychology, or equivalent degree required. MSW or equivalent degree preferred.
- Group work experience required.
- Experience working with children and families required.
Project Kidz Talk is a peer support program for children who have been sexually abused and their non-offending family members. Per-diem group facilitators facilitate a weekly peer support group for children impacted by sexual abuse. They work with children of differing ages and developmental levels, carry out activities which enhance children’s ability to express feelings and lessen their sense of isolation, and maintain confidentiality for our clients. Expectations include: a commitment to an 8-12 week group cycle, interaction with families during dinner time, and setting up and cleaning up after dinner.
The hours for this position are 5pm to 8:15pm on Mondays and/or Tuesdays. (Program time might extend beyond these scheduled hours.)
*Length of employment is contingent upon the program’s needs.
The per-diem rate is $15.78 per hour.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.